To make a difference with technology you have to be effective at leading change. There are lots of things out there about change leadership! At the end of the day it comes down to people, influence and following a dynamic process. There is no quick fix.
Here are some interesting books about leadership that I found very helpful and which have shaped the way I approach change management.
I like to consume this kind of thoughtful content on my commute so I use audible.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- Timeless advice, sold millions of copies..
- I cannot recommend this book highly enough
Turn the Ship Around by L. David Marquet
- Fascinating story, learn about leadership and nuclear subs
- I'd adopted "point and shoot / say it outload" approach to critical IT config changes
The Phoenix Project by Kim, Behr & Spafford
- Part of the Dev Ops movement, but also a great story about change
- The problems the protagonists face are so real it might gave IT people nightmares